A federal judge in New York has vacated a Trump administration policy that suspended the processing of visas from 75 countries, including Afgh…
The 250th anniversary of U.S. independence was just months away when National Park Service employees received a directive from Washington. Maintenance projects approved this year at sites across the nation were being relegated to a new “low priority” list. Work wanted by the White House was taking precedence, according to officials who spoke on condition of anonymity and documents obtained by The Associated Press. That included the botched repairs to the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool. Many of the administration-backed projects have since advanced. The unnamed officials said almost all of about 1,500 maintenance and other projects on the low priority list as of last month are expected to go undone.
PHOENIX (AP) — Enrollment in the biggest federally funded food aid program in the U.S. dropped by more than 13% in a 12-month span — a decline…
A historic preservation group that sued to block construction of President Donald Trump’s White House ballroom has urged the U.S. Supreme Court to suspend the project while it considers whether the work can continue. The National Trust for Historic Preservation filed its request on Tuesday, less than a week after the Trump administration asked the nation’s highest court to allow the White House to continue construction on its $400 million ballroom project. The building of the 90,000-square-foot ballroom has included demolishing the East Wing of the White House. The petition comes after a divided appeals court panel upheld an order to pause aboveground construction on the project.
IKTABA, West Bank (AP) — For six months, 70-year-old Bassam Musleh searched desperately for a pharmacy or clinic that could fill his prescript…
WASHINGTON (AP) — A divided federal appeals court on Tuesday said the Trump administration improperly terminated a multi-billion program to bo…
More than 20 states and the District of Columbia have sued the Trump administration to block it from getting wide access to the personal information of millions of recipients of a benefits program for low-income families. The case was filed Monday in Washington. It's the latest legal action between states and the federal government over the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program, which like other public programs have come under scrutiny from the Trump administration as sources of potential fraud. The lawsuit is trying to stop a rule that would allow the government to share the personal information with other agencies or potentially with private entities.
The New Mexico attorney general is requesting the state's foster care system work to return a 15-year-old American citizen from Mexico after s…
The Trump administration is ending a Medicare drug subsidy program. Here's how it could affect costs
NEW YORK (AP) — Millions of older adults on Medicare prescription drug coverage could face steeper monthly costs in 2027, after the Trump admi…
